Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Authenticity

Why do I call this "authenticity"? Simply because I believe authenticity is the essence of personal honesty.

Once I was told by an old friend who hoped I would climb the conventional ladder to success in politics, that she was very disappointed in me leaving the Conservative party and doing what I have done in life. I replied to her, "This above all else: to thine own self be true."

It is authenticity which characterizes my life. Each person receives and can become a unique message to the world. To be true to that message is what I have tried to do. This may be Western Canadian separation and the creation of a new nation of Western Canada, or fighting as a lawyer for liberty against the tax man, hate speech laws, war crimes, in defamation or other actions where I defend the weak against the powerful or the individual against the state. It may be the way that I treat my land, my friends, my family, my country or my God. It may be building a rock wall. It is what I strive for: authenticity.

3 comments:

tnt said...

As much as we would like to imagine our society in being unique we have a long way to go, and this will only be through having a greater awareness of what is going on around us and why. If you never question yourself or the issues and accept the status quo, then you can’t complain, if you never exercise your right to be heard, then how do you expect things to get better!

To be true to oneself and your beliefs and to live by them is a guide to each chapter of your life.
How will the book read if it is not really about you!

Anonymous said...

The greatest One whoever lived could get only 12 followers (and even then, one of the twelve was not true to himself). Yet, He changed the course of history. In my opinion, you are the world's greatest living hero, and defender of human rights.

Anonymous said...

Like the good Doctor Helmcken who courageously resisted Confederation, Douglas Christie has proven to have been an unjustly neglected prophet, shouting out in the wilderness of the repressed political discourse in anglophone Canada, in his four decade-long advocacy of fiscal and social freedom for the West.

Peaceful seccession from bloated decadent warmongering Death Cultish eugenicist Canada, that pathetically servile militarist-monarchist minion state of the evil New World Order, makes more sense than ever.

Bring all the Canadian troops and spies home from Afghanistan, Israel, Libya, Syria, etc. now!

We now have a choice: to live as slaves in Canada's horrific NWO welfare-warfare spy state, or to seek independence through peaceful direct democratic initiative.

Jean Chretien was one of the worst of the servile NWO Prime Ministers that we have had, but thankfully, Chretien's Clarity Act provides a legal, peaceful 51% solution to Independence!

If we get 51% of participating voters advocating secession, we will have achieved the western independence dream of Dr. Helmcken!

Free the West!

Gregory Paul Michael Hartnell
('Goyo de la Rosa')
Editor: LA ROSA: goyodelarosa.wordpress.com
Tel: 250 382 97 67